Saturday, May 23, 2009

Yeah!

HAHA...I'm back!! I finally completed my assignments (5 of them) in these 3 weeks! How crazy can that be!!??? For the last 5 days, I think I only had a total of 20 hours of sleep. Sleeping almost at 4am everyday and on Thursday was almost 5am to complete my last assignment. I seriously have to wear those sunglasses like those artiste to conceal my Panda eyes. LOL.

Say Hi to me!! LOL.

One thing funny to share is that I actually incorporated what I love doing into my assignments. I believe that you have to be interested in what you are doing in order to have the motivation to want to do it; have passion in what you do. Soooo for my Media Studies assignment, where I was to choose of a news item published in tabloid and those broadsheet(hardcore) newspapers, I chose to do my news research on Jill Vidal and Kelvin Kwan's case. Hahaha. I wanted to do Gill and Edison at first but then I can only pick a news item between these 3 months. And for my film studies assignment, I chose to do on Jack Neo the Singaporean director because I just love his movies. Haha. While for Management, well, I almost wanted to choose TVB or EEG HAHAHA....but its about unethical issues in companies...so..hmm...I chose McDonald's in the end. It sounds so hypocrite that I'm writing them as unethical but then also craving to eat McDonald's. Haha.

By the end of the day, I'm like a walking dictionary of Jack Neo and his films, Jill Vidal's family tree and drug case and also all the good and the ugly of McDonald's which may drive all of you away from the desire of eating it if I explain in-depth. Haha. But anyway, just a tip for students out there, when you have an assignment, try to choose something you enjoy and don't mind knowing more about. For eg. I'd definitely love to write and know more about Charmaine, Joey or Tavia if I got the chance to write on some pop icon for an assignment. LOL. So choose to write about them! Haha. Doing what you like and having passion in it is the best motivation for completing a task.

Right, enough of assignment stuff! While doing my assignments, I received a call from 988 Radio Station. Hahaha. They called me and told me that I won Charlene's latest album. I was shocked at first because I didn't expect to win. Haha. I entered the competition about 2 weeks ago. The reason I did not expect to win is because the requirements were to write a slogan (In Chinese......) on why do I like Charlene in 25 words. As I am not actually chinese educated in school (I only self learn after I completed high school) so I did not have high hopes. I even thought of not participating. Hahaha.

Anyway, really happy to hear from 988. I wanted to collect my album today, but then the Advertising and Promotion department is closed today. So will pick another day to collect the prize. Well, if you want to know what I wrote in the slogan...here is roughly what it is. I can't remember too well but I think that shoud be it.

我喜欢Ah Sa 应为。。。。


“她教了我什么是勇敢和戮力做好工作,不管是单身还是组合。”


I don't think its exactly what I wrote that day. But its quite similar. Haha. Translations? Well one thing, its not mushy like because she is cute, got a nice voice, pretty etc. Haha. Its just,

"I like Charlene because she taught me to be brave and work hard regardless of as a group or an individual."




Who to target next??? Joey!? LOLs...well if they promote her album then, I'll try my luck again! Another note, Leo Ku just joined EEG. Wow. Now almost all the singers I listen to are like 50% EEG. Haha. I'm not Pro-EEG though. Its just coincidence that those I like are mostly from EEG. Alright, going to get more rest before I explore and see what to update next!

No comments: